Tuesday, September 30, 2014

First Impression | Tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette


     After all the hype going around Youtube over this limited edition fall palette by Tarte I figured that I would go on sephora.com and order it. I must say, ordering it was the right decision because this palette is BEAUTIFUL.

     This palette includes a stunning highlighter(Champagne), bronzer(Park Ave Princess), blush(Unleashed) and 6 eyeshadows(Bare to Explore, Make a Mauve, Plum Away With Me, Up to No Gold, Tan-gled Up in You & Don't Turn a Brown). The highlighter is my favourite product in the whole palette, it is gorgeous and the light captures it beautifully. The bronzer is warmer than I would usually use but it is still very pretty and it is great for bronzing but not great for contouring in my personal opinion. The blush is a very nice shade but I wish it was slightly deeper than it is, this colour will be a very nice everyday shade for fall but nothing bold.

     The palette has 6 beautiful fall eyeshadows that I have gotten to play around with a little bit and my favourite shades are definitely "Bare to Explore", "Plum Away With Me" and "Tan-gled Up in You". These shadows are very pigmented and blendable, but they do crease on me faster than a Urban Decay shadow would but keep in mind that I have oily eyelids and all shadows that I have tried crease on me at some point in the day. 
top L-R: champagne, park ave princess, unleashed, bare to explore, make a mauve
bottom L-R: plum away with me, up to no gold, tan-gled up in you, don't turn a brown

     I love the packaging of this product. It is made out of plastic and closes very nicely, it feels very sturdy. The lid has a beautiful snake design with a purple gem on top of the snakes head and on the inside it has a nice large mirror. Overall I have really been enjoying this palette and I will continue to play around with it. If I were you I would check out this palette before its gone! 


xo,

     Lauren    

      



No comments:

Post a Comment