Friday, February 27, 2015

Who IS Beautiful? | Lauren Slade

    Disclaimer: Now, before you go all crazy on me and start saying "who is she to judge who is beautiful or not?" please read the whole post first. 

     I have noticed something in the media lately that has really been bothering me and I just wanted to take a moment to let out my frustration. A lot of people are supporting the idea that having a curvy figure is the "ideal" body shape and that having a nice booty means you are "hotter"; of course this is a beautiful body shape but it is not the only body shape. I am a woman with a 5'8" frame and weigh in at about 125 pounds so I am quite slim and to say the least I am not the most endowed because of my slim frame. It is simply just the way that I am built.

    A video recently surfaced online and I saw it on Facebook via a Facebook friend who shared it:  https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=403367309820283&pnref=story (please note that this video has some foul language, viewer discretion is advised) 

    This video is what upset me the most because it is bullying based on weight. Curvy girls will defend themselves if a slim girl makes a comment about their weight, but that doesn't make it okay to turn around and make fun of a girl who has a slimmer frame (especially the extremely rude and life threatening comments made in the video above). No matter what, it is a mean comment about weight and it is not ok. Although this video is not directed personally toward myself, I still feel extremely offended and hurt. Another thing that bothers me is the "thigh-gap" phenomenon and that if you have one you are "starving yourself" and/or "unhealthy" and that is not true... Having a thigh-gap has more to do with bone structure than weight, therefore no matter how much some women work to achieve this they may never reach that point due to their bone structure or no matter how hard women work to rid of their thigh-gap, they may be stuck with it.   

     I will admit that there have been times when I wish that I had a curvier frame, bigger bust and a bigger booty but I have come to be proud of my slim frame. It doesn't mean that I don't eat (because I have a very strong love for all food) and it just means that I choose cardio instead of squats because that is my preference. 

    Love yourself no matter what frame you have and don't tell others what frame they "should" have. Every single person on this earth is beautiful and no one has the right to single people out (especially based on something so trivial as weight). 

    Now, to answer the question stated in my title: "Who IS Beautiful?" - YOU!

Love,

  Lauren  Like My Facebook Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment