Thursday, July 10, 2014

Product Review | Stila Single Eye Shadow in Java

     If you know me, you know that I am a drug store makeup girl at heart but that being said, my eye shadow is one thing that I like to splurge on. I spend the most money on eye shadow products (including primer). Ironically I did not pay full price for the product that I am going to talk about today but I would have if I had to replace this. Now, what is this product? You might be wondering... It is the Stila eye shadow in the shade Java.

     Long story short... this eye shadow kicks ass! Hello amazing pigmentation. Java is a deep matte brown. It glides on very easily and blends like a dream. It is super soft to the touch as well, which is huge plus to me. I wouldn't say that it is incredibly long lasting but keep in mind that I have oily eyelids.

     The main purpose that I like this for is as a definer shade. When using this shade I apply it to the outer half of my lid and blend the edges of the shade on the inner half with it so its not harsh and then I take my crease brush and continue to blend that colour into the outer part of my crease and sometimes for a more dramatic look, I will take that colour all the way across the crease. Keep in mind though that I didn't find crease work very easy with this shade so I suggest putting a transition shade underneath it like Naked or Buck from Urban Decay and then take Naked for your transition area. These extra steps just make it a little easier to work with if applying it fully to the crease.
**Swatched over a white base** All images are my own

     Overall this is one of my favourite definer shades and I really love the way it looks. I think it can be very versatile and usable for all skin tones. This is a Lauren Michelle Makeup approved product, check it out!      

xo,

     Lauren


--- PRODUCT INFORMATION---

Stila - Java
Buck
Naked


1 comment:

  1. I agree, eyeshadow is something I tend to prefer more expensive brands of! This looks similar to Lorac Espresso, which is one of my favorites, so I can see why you love this! :)

    ReplyDelete